Offset printing, also known as offset lithography, is a form of printing technology in which the images on metal plates are transferred (offset) to rubber blankets or rollers and then sent to the print media, does not come into direct contact with the metal plates. This method is known as offset printing as ink is never directly transferred onto paper and thereby extends the life of the plates. In addition to this, the flexible rubber follows to the print media surface, allowing the process to be used efficiently on rough surfaced media such as canvas, cloth, wood, paper, fabric, metal, or leather. |
Earlier, offset press came in two versions. One in 1875 by Robert Barclay of England for printing on tin, and another in 1903 by Ira Washington Rubel of the United States for printing on paper. Nowadays, offset printing can be done on newspapers, magazines, brochures, stationery, and books.
There are many advantages to using offset printing. Some of them are:
1. It is the best option when large volumes of images need to be printed, and when the color reproduction must be crisp, accurate, clean, and usually print newspapers, magazines, brochures, stationery, and books.
2. The overall cost factor for using offset printing is advantageous to the offset printing press. The more that gets printed, the greater is the reduction in the price for each piece of print.
3. Offset printing generally work on a wide variety of printing surfaces like cloth, leather, metal, various grades and types of paper, plastic, and wood.
4. Modern offset printing presses utilizes computer onto plate systems in place of computer onto film which results in higher quality images.
5. The ink which often fades and runs out when using methods of direct printing is more controllable nowadays with offset printing. The operator can control the flow of ink by twisting and bolting keys which helps to minimize wasted prints resulting from insufficient contrasts. The printing plates can also be made quickly and easily and can provide a million impressions.
Our offset printing press in Dubai does initial preprocessing to get a four-color plate of your print and does press printing, binding, assembling and delivering. We have the technology and skills to ensure a superior quality job making us an expert in offset printing in Dubai. You can also choose your preferred surface to print as per your branding preferences.
Related Articles -
offset printing, offset printing press in Dubai,